1. Block and strike drill- this drill will require at least three people 1, being the runner, the other two being strikers. Set up two targets to strike like tire bags or two free standing punching bags. The runner will jog in a oval about 20 feet long. Position one striker on one side and the other on the opposite side at the ends of the oval put your one tire bag or punching bag have the runner run the track, the runner may strike the the bags but must only block the shots from the strikers. Have the runner do this ten times then rotate places- runner to striker striker to runner. Keep the shots basic only to the head shoulders and body. No curving shots at first. Use control and wear safety glasses, wear some gloves to save your knuckles.
2. Have two players in a twenty foot mat area put four different types of padded weapons out-knife, short stick, long stick, short staff, etc The center blows a whistle, they have three second to grab a weapon and start fighting, play for points first to five going for arms, legs and body only, wear safety glasses. Look in my book "How to Make your Own Filipino Martial Art Supplies" for ideas
3. Obstacle course using plastic chairs, milk jugs, water bottles and rope set a path through and area in which the student must travel have at least two striking targets and also have at least two attackers that they must block only with basic attacks. As Halloween in coming you can make up a dummy that you can hold on a long pole, have it jump out from a doorway, Watch what happen be ready for full beat down.
3A. Use the same drill as in three but use rubber knives or the slipper foam chalk knives
4. Keep away game- starting with one stick and two player facing each other, have one player strike at the other while the other uses there empty hands to get the stick away and they that player strikes back at the other. Keep it going back and forth for at least five minutes. Have them keep all shots to the the body and wear safety glasses.
5. Build a hanging stick about 4 feet long with two tennis balls on each end, Have the student strike on end, then have them check and pass the other end as it comes at you, Then have them reverse it at send it back the other way. Have them practice this while moving around in circle.
OK, have great week and train hard in FMA.