MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Dan updated their profile
Saturday
Nick Marv posted photos
Friday
Profile IconAJ, Sunjaya Djaja, Guru Cian and 4 more joined MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Friday
random name updated their profile
Aug 28
Cor Navin commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"WingTsun & Escrima Servette, Ecole du Liotard, 66 rue Liotard, 1203…"
Jul 1
Nick Marv commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"Want to update the Cabales Serrada Escrima New York information: Cabales Serrada Escrima New…"
Jun 16
Niwlrae X posted a status
"I just found out how to change the settings on the activities and news feed status, http://www.myfma.net/profiles/profile/privacySettings"
May 19
Bradley Brock promoted John R. Malmo's group IPMAF - Kombatan
May 1
Bradley Brock promoted Elijah Green's group Inosanto/Lacoste Method of Filipino Martial Arts
May 1
Bradley Brock updated their profile
May 1
Angel Padu posted a photo
Apr 29
Angel Padu commented on Francis Serrano's video
Apr 9

What motivates, pushes, or drives you to be the best you can be at your art?

I have to say without a doubt it's my appreciation for my teachers willingness to share their knowledge with me and as a matter of complete respect and gratitude I push myself as hard as I can and attempt to pass on their teachings to the next generation to the best of my ability.

I ask this question because it's amazing to see all of the hard work and dedication put forth by so many that I've seen over the years. Being a self-motivator is very difficult yet we continue to train day in and day out.

So what motivates you to be the best you can be at what you do in the martial arts?

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My motivation is that at the end of the day, these arts are fun. I couldn't keep going if I didn't enjoy them at the most basic level. Learning, teaching, sparring, and writing about these arts are fun in a way that allows me to get exercise, manage stress, and develop effective self defense skills.

The answers to this question are also great. It makes me smile to see so much dedication to students and keeping the arts alive.

Cheers.

My motivation is the skill level that I see in my teachers which I would like to have someday.

RSS

© 2021   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service