MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Dan posted a photo
Friday
Alberto Perez is now a member of MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Friday
Dan updated their profile
Sep 25
Nick Marv posted photos
Sep 24
Profile IconAJ, Sunjaya Djaja, Guru Cian and 4 more joined MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Sep 24
random name updated their profile
Aug 28
Cor Navin commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"WingTsun & Escrima Servette, Ecole du Liotard, 66 rue Liotard, 1203…"
Jul 1
Nick Marv commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"Want to update the Cabales Serrada Escrima New York information: Cabales Serrada Escrima New…"
Jun 16
Niwlrae X posted a status
"I just found out how to change the settings on the activities and news feed status, http://www.myfma.net/profiles/profile/privacySettings"
May 19
Bradley Brock promoted John R. Malmo's group IPMAF - Kombatan
May 1
Bradley Brock promoted Elijah Green's group Inosanto/Lacoste Method of Filipino Martial Arts
May 1
Bradley Brock updated their profile
May 1
I will be in Palo Alto, California for a one-day summit in March.  I am scheduled to arrive on March 24th and fly out on March 26th.  However, I would love to stay the weekend and provide a seminar, or just train with any members in the area.  I will be contacting some members personally about this, and will keep everyone updated.

New Position
I have been offered a position with Ning's new Network Creator Council Program.  The following is an excerpt of what that means for me and MyFMA.net:

"This is an exciting new program that consists of a small group of active Network Creators with whom we periodically discuss upcoming feature releases, and hold other targeted input sessions. It’s like a “power focus group” — only better (we think) — because we continue to hear from these participants all year round. While we are currently looking to grow this group and recruit for new members, we’re likely going to keep the membership relatively small (roughly 100 members) so we can maintain the deep, qualitative discussions that are so important for a program like this. By design, we’re including Ning Networks of all sizes and types in this program. Here’s a bit more about how the program works:

• Council members are invited to Palo Alto, where Ning HQ is located, for a one-day summit. The goal of the summit is for us to learn more about the participants’ Ning Networks, tell them how the Council program works and gather their feedback on a series of upcoming features and other things we’re working on.
  • After the summit, we conduct regular conference calls so we can get more input from Council members on new topics or changes we’ve made based on input we’ve heard from Network Creators (either through the Council program or elsewhere).
  • Finally, we also have a private Ning Network that we host for the program to ensure we keep the lines of communication open with the Council members.

Information from the summit, phone calls, and private Ning Network is not divulged outside of the Council program so that we can maintain the privacy of our members and our own product development where it makes sense."

As mentioned, I will be in the area anyway so it would be great to be able to stay the weekend and cross hands with some of our members.  Please let me know, if anyone is interested in hosting me - lodging and transportation.  My flight is already paid for, and my hotel is covered on the 24th and 25th.

Views: 42

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Have fun, Palo Alto is the center of the universe.
sounds fun Palo Alto isn't too far from where I grew up.

RSS

© 2021   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service