MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

John R. Malmo posted a discussion

Thank you!

MyFMA.net has been around for a little over 13 years. The landscape of social media has changed…See More
Thursday
John Thompson posted videos
Thursday
Profile IconStella Abud, Benjamin Christian Wood and Dominador joined MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Thursday
Niwlrae X posted a status
"Eskrima Workshop Sunday @ 10AM Burbank, CA https://www.meetup.com/eskrima/events/285982727"
Wednesday
Johnny Mean updated their profile
Mar 18
John Thompson posted a status
"New Page for Ocho Kantos at https://Facebook.com/iloilomartialarts"
Jan 4
Thomas Macaluso updated their profile
Nov 4, 2021
Herman Kidd updated their profile
Oct 31, 2021
Dan posted a photo
Oct 22, 2021
Alberto Perez is now a member of MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Oct 22, 2021
Dan updated their profile
Sep 25, 2021
Nick Marv posted photos
Sep 24, 2021
Master Christopher "Topher" Ricketts of Bakbakan International passed away this morning after a battle with cancer. He was only 55 years of age.  He was one of the founders of Bakbakan, and also one of Tatang Illustrisimo's students, having studied under him along with Tony Diego, Yuli Romo and Edgar Sulite.

He is one of many FMA pioneers that will forever be remembered and missed.  Our condolences to his family, friends, and students around the world.

Views: 1552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I never met Master Ricketts,but had only heard good things about him,from other well known Eskrimadors.This year I tried to establish contact with him and Bakbakan.Too late to meet him though.
My deepest condolences to his Family and students.May his legacy extand.
Bruno Cruicchi-Caracas-Venezuela
My condolences go out to his family! He will be deeply missed!
Our condolance and prayers from the UFMAC organization
Master Christopher Ricketts, "Topher", was first and foremost my friend whom I will miss dearly. I had the privilege of training with him many times at his home in San Diego and we continued to maintain contact over the years. He was truly a giving individual who had much to contribute to those willing to learn. Following the passing of GM Ben Largusa, this is a double blow to our arts.
My sincere sympathies are extended to all members of the Ricketts family, here and in the Philippines.

With regrets,
David Hines
Guro/Head Instructor
Bahala Na Club - Monterey Bay
K.S.E.A. Monterey Bay
My instructor Guro Felix Valencia just called me 2 hours ago with the news. I'm sad to hear about this. Although I never knew him personally I have always admired and looked up to him
JC
Such a shame- so young. I am very thankful for all the training that Master Ricketts gave me. Such a fighter- he had me spar every single time we trained.
And he was a fighter until the end. I was told that although in great pain, he refused morphine and sleep inducing drugs so that he could be lucid with his family. A great example of a Filipino Martial Artist
Condolences to his family and students. He was such a source of guidance and a great example for all eskrimadors to follow.
RIP.
On behalf of the Jornales family, students and members of the Jornales System, our deepest symphaty and condolence to the Ricketts family. Grandmaster Topher is a great contributor to the FMA culture. He will be missed around the world.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Master Ricketts. He will be sorely missed.

"Eternal rest grant unto Christopher Ricketts, O Lord and let Your perpetual light shine upon him, May he rest in peace."

Rev. Mr. Ramon Villardo
Bakbakan International Chapter, Toronto, Canada
On behalf of the Silent Warrior and Vee Arnis families, please accept our deepest sympathy and prayers for a peaceful transition into the relm of the Ancestors.

It is my prayer that the Creator and the Ancestors be pleased with his service in the physical relm and that he have a peaceful rest.

Ashe! Ashe! Ashe!
RIP Master C. Ricketts... Maraming maraming salamat po...our condolences to the family of Master C. Ricketts....
our condolences and prayers for the family of mr topher ricketts.
hindi man po ako tuwirang naging mag-aaral o kapangkat alam ko po na hindi matatawaran ang kanyang napakalaking bahagi sa pagunlad at pagpapalawak ng tunay na pag-unawa sa kali illustrissimo. nagpupugay po kami sa kanyang mga napagtagumpayan sa mga nakaraang panahon at taos pusong nakikiramay sa mag-anak, mga kaibigan, mag-aaral at kasama ni g. ricketts.

robert, mari, dalisay
earthaven eco-community san mateo rizal

RSS

© 2022   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service