MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Dan posted a photo
20 hours ago
Alberto Perez is now a member of MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
20 hours ago
Dan updated their profile
Sep 25
Nick Marv posted photos
Sep 24
Profile IconAJ, Sunjaya Djaja, Guru Cian and 4 more joined MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Sep 24
random name updated their profile
Aug 28
Cor Navin commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"WingTsun & Escrima Servette, Ecole du Liotard, 66 rue Liotard, 1203…"
Jul 1
Nick Marv commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"Want to update the Cabales Serrada Escrima New York information: Cabales Serrada Escrima New…"
Jun 16
Niwlrae X posted a status
"I just found out how to change the settings on the activities and news feed status, http://www.myfma.net/profiles/profile/privacySettings"
May 19
Bradley Brock promoted John R. Malmo's group IPMAF - Kombatan
May 1
Bradley Brock promoted Elijah Green's group Inosanto/Lacoste Method of Filipino Martial Arts
May 1
Bradley Brock updated their profile
May 1

how many of you train in inosanto kali or have trained in it i just started last week and the hardest thing for me is the trapping is this a common area to have difficulties 

Views: 316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you understand the JKD Wing Chun basic trapping structure you might better understand it in his Kali. The Pak Sao, Lop Sao, Blu Sao, the concept is to control the centerline by intercepting traps. Then when you go with the baston you can use the backhand punio for a start to bait your practice partner. Trapping can be integral but first keeping it simple would be your best bet to understand it - also use the Hubad-Lubud drill to get constant repeatition. Many, systems uses trapping a lot in close quarter combat to name a few Cacoy Eskrido, Doce Pares, Balintiwak, Mondern Arnis and definitly a lot of Silat arts. Hope this helps - David

Chase,

All the close quarters techniques in Kali with and without the weapons will be a little harder to do.

As your weapons skills improve, you will see the trapping also become easier. Good luck in your training,

The Inosanto blend will keep you busy for years to come, Guro Dan's base of information is amazing!

Rich

www.RichardLamoureaux.com

if you've never done it, it can be difficult to pick up.  trapping is common use in FMA too so be patient.  3 days isn't enough time to fully understand what you are doing.

to add...learn the basics.  i can't emphasize that enough...basics, basics, basics!!!

ive only had 3 hours of training so far hows the bladed hand coming along 

even more so then.  patience. :)

it's coming along well.  almost there!

I agree one of the things that helps many people with the trapping skills is sinawalli training . most people find that it helps with coordination and hand speed.
Most of all give yourself time trapping feels uncomfortable to a lot of people due to the fact that you are holding and hitting at close range

Hello Chase.  Yes it can be difficult at first, learning the how's and why's of trapping.  but it won't take long and you'll "feel" it.  My advice it to pick a couple to start with and once you have them, branch out a few at a time until you build your base. 

Hang in there, it's worth the work!

Harley Elmore

im not training right now my instructor was unprofessional so im looking to start at a different training center in about 5 months

RSS

© 2021   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service