MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Cor Navin commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"WingTsun & Escrima Servette, Ecole du Liotard, 66 rue Liotard, 1203…"
Jul 1
Nick Marv commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"Want to update the Cabales Serrada Escrima New York information: Cabales Serrada Escrima New…"
Jun 16
Niwlrae X posted a status
"I just found out how to change the settings on the activities and news feed status, http://www.myfma.net/profiles/profile/privacySettings"
May 19
Bradley Brock promoted John R. Malmo's group IPMAF - Kombatan
May 1
Bradley Brock promoted Elijah Green's group Inosanto/Lacoste Method of Filipino Martial Arts
May 1
Bradley Brock updated their profile
May 1
Angel Padu posted a photo
Apr 29
Angel Padu commented on Francis Serrano's video
Apr 9
Angel Padu joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Apr 9
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

GARIMOT ARNIS TRAINING GROUP

Filipino Martial Arts group originated from Paete, Laguna (Philippines) founded and head by Gat…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

Filipino Martial Heritage, Atlanta

We are the Atlanta wing of Guro Victor Gendrano Jr.'s Filipino Martial Heritage.  We have been…See More
Apr 1
Please keep GM Lazo in your thoughts and prayers. He has been battling cancer for some time. Last Sunday, he suffered a stroke and has been unresponsive for a couple of days. Today his oxygen level dropped low and he was transferred to the Special Care unit at Moffitt.

GM Lazo and his family can use all of the FMA community's support through this difficult time.

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The world has lost a humble and generous man. GM Lazo shared his knowledge, love, and passion for the Filipino Martial Arts with anyone willing to learn. I was blessed to have had him in my life.

From his daughter, Christine M. Lazo:

"He left us this morning with a rainey cloudy sky, and as we walked out of the hospital it was a blue sky without a cloud in sight with the sun shining..."
GM Lazo and his family are in our prayers.
The FMA world has lost another great teacher and person.
We are happy to have crossed sticks with him many times and learned valuable lessons.
Grandmaster Federico T. Lazo passed away on Monday, January 25th, 2010. A mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m., on Friday, January 29, 2010 at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church with burial to follow at Trinity Memorial Gardens. A pot-luck reception will follow for family and friends, who wish to celebrate his life.

Those who wish to send flowers may have them delivered to Stowers Funeral Home. Donations may be made to Moffitt Cancer Center Foundation (for Research) in his memory. Contributions can be made online at www.moffitt.org/giving or envelopes will be provided at the mass.

If you are traveling from out-of-town, please let us know, as we will provide more information about hotel accommodations.

St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church
9724 Cross Creek Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33647
www.stmarktampa.org

Stowers Funeral Home
401 West Brandon Blvd.
Brandon, FL 33511
www.stowersfh.com

Trinity Memorial Gardens
12609 Memorial Drive
Trinity, FL 34655

Reception (T.B.A.).
The martial art world has lost another great contributor that celebrated and expanded the knowledge of Filipino Martial Arts for many. Our gratitude for his many contribution and our deepest sympathy to the family. God bless and sumalangit nawa ang kaluluwa. Kat. Puno Bong Jornales and Wendy Jornales
Ang among pag-ampo O' Ginoo, dawaton mo unta ang kalag ni Fedrico Lazo sa langit ug abi-abihon sa tanang mga Santos. I ampo mo kami. Amen.

Our Deepest Sympathy,
Lumad Sigbin Kali
I just realized I have lost a friend.Grandmaster Lazo and I corresponded on and off and he was always offering to teach me Tagalo since my field of Knowledge is Languages.He was most generous in his sharing of his deep knowledge of FMA as well.
I will pray for his sould and will always regret postponing several times my promised visit to his home.
To his Family ,my deepest condolences you have a friend here in Venezuela.
Prof Bruno Cruicchi
We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of GM Federico & offer our most heartfelt condolescences to the Lazo family & his students. Although our correspondence has been sporadic over the last several years, my wife & I cherished every greeting that he & Cleofe bestowed on us. Manong Fred was always willing to share insights into the art we were both so passionate about , including our Ilocano & Pilipino heritage, (perhaps to find some family ties between us.)

I was sincerely touched by his generosity & kindness in offering me with one his handcrafted garote. Although our meeting & his presentation never came to fruition, his wisdom & knowledge were the true gifts he provide us all.

May God bless Ricky, Christine & the Lazo family & students with strength during this most difficult time. Do find comfort in knowing that he touched our lives by making us better individuals.

Lino Espejo

Porterville, CA
Kabaroan Eskrima/Modern Arnis

RSS

© 2021   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service