MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Nick Marv commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"Want to update the Cabales Serrada Escrima New York information: Cabales Serrada Escrima New…"
Jun 16
Niwlrae X posted a status
"I just found out how to change the settings on the activities and news feed status, http://www.myfma.net/profiles/profile/privacySettings"
May 19
Bradley Brock promoted John R. Malmo's group IPMAF - Kombatan
May 1
Bradley Brock promoted Elijah Green's group Inosanto/Lacoste Method of Filipino Martial Arts
May 1
Bradley Brock updated their profile
May 1
Angel Padu posted a photo
Apr 29
Angel Padu commented on Francis Serrano's video
Apr 9
Angel Padu joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Apr 9
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

GARIMOT ARNIS TRAINING GROUP

Filipino Martial Arts group originated from Paete, Laguna (Philippines) founded and head by Gat…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

Filipino Martial Heritage, Atlanta

We are the Atlanta wing of Guro Victor Gendrano Jr.'s Filipino Martial Heritage.  We have been…See More
Apr 1
Aldrin Peter de Vera posted a status
"There is nothing wrong with teaching children Kali. If you can teach a child, you can teach an adult. Keep teaching, keep training."
Mar 27
Our first shirt design is almost finished.  Here is the nearly completed artwork for the front of the shirts.

The back is not yet completed, but will prominently display the name of each style that was sponsored.

We will begin taking pre-orders for these shirts this week!

UPDATES OCTOBER 12, 2010

Based on the initial feedback - both here and through emails and network messages - we are completely open to swapping the front and rear images for this particular shirt design.

Here is a beginning mock-up for one of the possibilities for the other side (front or back) of this shirt.  It is not completed, and may not have all of the sponsored styles listed yet.  If your style should be listed and isn't or is misspelled or incorrect, please let us know.

Thanks for all of the feedback; positive and negative!

Views: 1833

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The design looks great and I'm looking forward to buying a few when completed.

please keep us imformed and approx price if possible.
I am thinking that the weapons of moroland shield is a bit much, I would prefer to see a Philippine flag with a couple of weapons crossing it with the myfma above it
Based on the initial feedback - both here and through emails and network messages - we are completely open to swapping the front and rear images for this particular shirt design.

A beginning mock-up for one of the possibilities for the other side (front or back) of this shirt is now posted. It is not completed, and may not have all of the sponsored styles listed yet. If your style should be listed and isn't or is misspelled or incorrect, please let us know.

Thanks for all of the feedback; positive and negative!
I think you have done a great job, I'd be proud to own one. How many designs are you going to produce?
All that art work should be on the back .Frank
May I respectfully pose my comments on the front page of the FMA T-shirt for your further inputs and consideration.

First of all, let me explain that the Island of Mindanao is composed of natives and idigenouse tribes such as a dumagats, the manobos, bagobos, tirurays, natives of bukidnon, the christians, muslims, and other indigenous tribes. The Filipino Martial Arts (FMA) is conglomeration or coagulation of different martial arts from the more than 1,700 islands in the Philippines. This includes the art kali and arnis in Cebu, Iloilo, Antique, Samar and some areas in Luzon, namely the province of Rizal, Laguna, Batangas and so on. To associate therefore that the Filipino Martial Arts (FMA) is associated with the weapons of the Moroland in Mindanao is a "politically insensitive way" of depicting the art because many of the great warriors in the Filipino Marial Arts, such as Lapu-Lapu is from Mactan, Cebu. There are other equally great masters in the art of kali/arnis who are members of indigenous Filipino tribes who are not necessarily Muslims by religion. There are equally great Filipino warriors and heroes from the Visayas and Luzon region. A great many Filipino martial arts masters come from the province of Iloilo, Antique and Samar. In fact, many arnisadors came from these provinces. These provinces do not form part of Mindanao. They blong to the Visayas Region.

The point, therefore, is that you may want to revise the front page design by deleting the word Moroland (Mindanao) and replacing them somewhere in the design the word (LUZON-VISAYAS-MINDANAO). The three (3) stars in the top portion of the design represent the three (3) major islands of the Philippines namely LUZON-VISAYAS-MINDANO. This is the "politically sensitive way" of depicting the Filipino Martial Arts (FMA) which is a symbiosis of the different arts of the masters from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.

I do hope that you may find my humble comments worth your consideration.

Thank you very much. MABUHAY TAYONG LAHAT!!!

Jessie R. Rocales
Supervising Legislative Officer
Senate of the Republic of the Philippines
Jessie,

Thanks for your input. An uncomplicated alteration may be to simply remove or change the text as shown below.

Personally, I do not believe this is necessary, but it certainly is feasible. The plaque is a symbol that is widely known and recognized. That is the reason we determined to use it for one of the first shirt designs. It represents the constant striving for freedom and expression that those in the Philippines deserved and longed for...

Feedback on these altered designs are also welcome.
I am leaning towards the altered text.
Dear Sir,

This design is perfect. It is universal and neutral. It welcomes all the martial arts in the FMA while not alienating any particular creed, religion, race, island and style. This is perfect.

MABUHAY KAYONG LAHAT SIR!!!

Jessie Rocales
If I may also add my opinion.
The swords/knives on the shield are not your typical Visayan and Luzon pieces.
Maybe, if you decide to stick with the shield motif, you can replace some names with Visayan and Luzon names.
Another idea is to replace the names of the swords/knives with the names of the arts being represented.

Also, if the shield, names, swords, etc. can be done in an outline only. No fill colors. That will subdue the image a little bit and not make it so loud. Only have the sun, stars and the myfma.net in color.
I do like it .Names on front would look better .
How much ?
Frank, this design would be a total of $22.50 within the continental U.S. That includes shipping.

You can pre-order this design or the design by Francis Serrano. Found out more HERE

RSS

© 2021   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service