OK folks ask me about drills to practice away from class to develop skills.
So week one starts like this:
1. Start with natural stance, move into fighting stance. With the weapon forward start with your strikes from Cinco Terros do strikes 1 (forehand)&2 (backhand), as you deliver strike #2 your step forward. As you deliver strikes #3 your step again. Always cover your advance with a strike. Continue this through the five count. Practice this with strikes,
2. Then move to blocks 1,2,3,4 &5 then add the counter strikes from the block (hitting on the opposite side that is open).
3. Now practice this motion with a 1 & 2 count with checking of the live hand.
4. Practice this moving in circle as you would fighting around a tree.
5. If you have practice partner have then have them trade off with you between offense and defense.