MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Nick Marv commented on John R. Malmo's page School Directory
"Want to update the Cabales Serrada Escrima New York information: Cabales Serrada Escrima New…"
Jun 16
Niwlrae X posted a status
"I just found out how to change the settings on the activities and news feed status, http://www.myfma.net/profiles/profile/privacySettings"
May 19
Bradley Brock promoted John R. Malmo's group IPMAF - Kombatan
May 1
Bradley Brock promoted Elijah Green's group Inosanto/Lacoste Method of Filipino Martial Arts
May 1
Bradley Brock updated their profile
May 1
Angel Padu posted a photo
Apr 29
Angel Padu commented on Francis Serrano's video
Apr 9
Angel Padu joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Apr 9
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

GARIMOT ARNIS TRAINING GROUP

Filipino Martial Arts group originated from Paete, Laguna (Philippines) founded and head by Gat…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

Filipino Martial Heritage, Atlanta

We are the Atlanta wing of Guro Victor Gendrano Jr.'s Filipino Martial Heritage.  We have been…See More
Apr 1
Aldrin Peter de Vera posted a status
"There is nothing wrong with teaching children Kali. If you can teach a child, you can teach an adult. Keep teaching, keep training."
Mar 27

A great Filipino Martial Art Legend has passed away today (July 4, 2013).  Manong Ted Buot, after surviving a stroke in 2005, passed away this morning.  He was 82 years of age.  Manong Ted was the student of Grand Master Anciong Bacon of Balintawak Eskrima.  After 10 years of teaching Balintawk for GM Anciong  in Cebu, he moved to the United States in the 1970's.  I am saddened by the loss, but honored to have been his student for 10 + years. 

David Hatch

Views: 648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard the news this morning and was shocked.. The Pillars of Balintawak are starting to come down one by one.. You and the Buot Balintawak clan have my condolences and  hope the Michigan group continues to honor his teachings by continually remembering him when ever you pick up the rattan and train..

On Behalf of all the Brothers and Sisters of the Arts, we give our condolences to the Balintawak family. A great loss and very few left in your circles that promotes such a rare art. Sorry to hear of your loss

My condolences sa ang pamilya Buot at sa lahat ng mga estudyante.

On behalf of Island Warriors Balintawak Arnis (Villasin style) we are also saddened by the passing of GM Buot. We will keep his flame burning bright through our continuing practice of Balintawak Arnis now and forever.

Very sad indeed.  Condolences from the entire World Serrada Escrima Federation.  I have several FMA brothers/sisters throughout who have spoken very highly of Manong Buot's skill & exceptional personality as well.  This is a loss that is felt throughout the FMA community regardless of system.

Salute Manong, may you rest in peace.

Sorry for the loss. I did not know the Master but his spirit will continue thru the Michigan group. Keep true to the teachings. Rest well it is deserved.

Respect and Condolences to GM Buots family and students.

OUR TRUE CONDOLENCES FROM THE AGILA ARNIS STYLE FAMILY. I DID NOT KNOW HIM PERSONALY BUT WILL SURELY BE FELT THRU THE FMA

Sincerest condolences to the family, students and friends of  Manong Ted Buot. May he rest in peace.

He will be missed by all martial artist.

From all of us at Motta Fighting Arts, we would like to pass along our condolences to the Buot family.  To all our Escrima brothers and sisters in the Balintawak group, we extend our prayers.  Generations go, wheels turn and we continue down the road.  God Bless.

My condolences. A great loss to the FMA community.

RSS

© 2021   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service