MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Angel Padu commented on Francis Serrano's video
Friday
Angel Padu joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Friday
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

GARIMOT ARNIS TRAINING GROUP

Filipino Martial Arts group originated from Paete, Laguna (Philippines) founded and head by Gat…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

Filipino Martial Heritage, Atlanta

We are the Atlanta wing of Guro Victor Gendrano Jr.'s Filipino Martial Heritage.  We have been…See More
Apr 1
Aldrin Peter de Vera posted a status
"There is nothing wrong with teaching children Kali. If you can teach a child, you can teach an adult. Keep teaching, keep training."
Mar 27
Aldrin Peter de Vera updated their profile
Mar 27
Maris A updated their profile
Mar 26
Profile IconMaris A, Stella Abu, Maris Ahmed and 11 more joined MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Mar 26
Gerry Reyes posted videos
Mar 26
Aldrin Peter de Vera posted videos
Mar 26
James Windholtz posted a video

MOKOMOKO 2019 KNIFE SPARRING JIMMY AND MICHAEL***

Jimmy and Michael Single knife sparringhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/320413651490604/This is my First Knife Sparring video from MOKOMOKO 2019. Great Venue ...
Mar 26

Hello,

Just curious if there are any FMA practitioners out there who take into account using body meridians or pressure points in combination when practicing Dumog to enhance pain or reduce pain on certain locks.

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Norman,

Guro Terry Joven might be able to shed some light on this subject from the Tenio Dequerdas camp.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe that GM Ron Saturno who can be contacted on Facebook also might have something to say about this.  I know that he studies a lot of anatomy and physiology and it carries over in to his art.

If you contact him, just let him know that he came recommended by the way of MyFMA.net.  He is usually pretty open to discuss things surrounding FMA.

Sincerely,

Tommy

Hello Tommy,

Thanks for the recommendation. I met GM Ron last year and he was the one who clued me in to how these are used. I was just wondering if there are any other FMA practitioners who do the same thing. It looks like I might have to contact Terry Joven. Thanks for the recommendation.

-Norman

Norman...

I know that  Art Gonzalez of the Tenio Decuerdas and  Ron Saturno of Modern Serrada  teach it in their curriculum. They are both here in Stockton. Back in the day Gilbert Tenio & John Eliab were very involved with Jujitsu America and shared lot of knowledge of pressure point techniques!

This is great as I have already met both of these instructors. It looks like I just need to "pick their brains" for a minute. Thank you Sir!

-Norman

Norman...

also my chiropractor Dr  Michael Erdman a Gracie Jujitsu/tai kwon do practitioner uses pressure points in his grappling..you can reah him at drerdman@comcast.net , he's a great guy and would love to share some of the things he has discovered concerning healing and what he uses when he grapples!

Norman,

Yes and yes.  ;)

RSS

© 2021   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service