MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Tony Hondo posted a status
"Thank you for adding me to this forum. I welcome the opportunity to meet other practitioners and also meet masters of Arnis\Eskrima."
Sep 10
Tony Hondo is now a member of MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Aug 29
Gerry Valido posted a status
"What's new?Thank you for adding me to this forum. I look forward to networking with like minded FMA teachers and students alike. Maraming S"
Aug 28
Blind Bagua joined a group
Thumbnail

World Serrada Escrima Federation

The (WSEF) is an international escrima federation that was founded in 2003, by Grandmaster Anthony…See More
Aug 28
Blind Bagua promoted ALAIN PARIZET's group inosanto lacoste academy
Aug 28
Thumbnail

inosanto lacoste academy

kali eskrima silat inosanto lacoste academy
Aug 28
Thumbnail

inosanto lacoste

kali eskrima silat "inosanto lacoste" by guro Salem Assli
Aug 28
Blind Bagua promoted Nate Defensor's group Defensor Method
Aug 28
Thumbnail

Defensor Method

The Defensor Method of Filipino-Indonesian Martial Arts headed by Maha Guro Nate Defensor based in…See More
Aug 28
Aug 28

Who knows what kind of Rattan escrima sticks are made of or what kinds of rattan can be made into sticks?

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Himalayan Rattan

• The Himalaya rattan originated in northeast India in the Himalaya Mountains.This plant from the Plectocomia genus, is a high-climbing palm that can reach 80 feet. It is extremely weather resistant and can withstand frigid temperatures and even snow. Himalayan rattan is one of the most ornamental of the rattan palms, but it is seldom used for furniture because of its soft pith. Himalayan "singing bowls" use rattan wands of different densities to bring out different tones and sounds.

Manau

• Manau is considered one of the most desired types of rattan. It is from the Calamus genus, the most popular genus used for commercial production. Manau is found in Africa, India, Sri Lanka, China, Malaysia and eastern Australia. It is primarily used furniture and handicrafts. It is also an ancient material used for weapons, especially in the martial arts of hand-to-hand combat. Long combat sticks, called bastons, are often made from Manau.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/info_8578433_kinds-rattan.html

Yantok Mindoro is one of the best in Philippines...

RSS

© 2017   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service