MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Master Ron England posted a photo

6 dvd panel with prices

Set of 6 DVD's focusing on the application of Derobio Escrima utilizing different weapons.For more…
Apr 8
Profile IconAdam M Cauler, Shaunta Clint, Kylr and 7 more joined MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Apr 8
Edward jonathan Dockrill posted a video

MET FMA HFS

Filipino Martial Arts
Apr 8
Paul Ingram - Kali Center posted videos
Apr 8
Rick Wiersch posted a video

Panantukan

Empty hand,panantukan,boxing, knife, blade,Filipino, martial arts,Kali,Arnis,Eskrima,Wiersch,Florida
Apr 8
Patricia Hughes promoted Patricia Hughes's profile
Mar 27
Mar 27
Mar 27
Issu Delabyme shared Kat. Puno Bong Jornales's group on Facebook
Mar 26
Kalijas1 updated their profile
Mar 19
James Windholtz commented on the event 'Mokomoko Invitational 2019'
"Forgot to mention this is a "ROUND ROBIN EVENT". You get to spar everyone in your skill…"
Mar 4
James Windholtz updated an event
Thumbnail

Mokomoko Invitational 2019 at Campbell Community Center

March 16, 2019 all day
I highly recommend this tournament in Northern California for those FMA/Karate/Shaolin guys out…See More
Mar 4

Hey All!

I was just on the phone with GM Carlito Bonjoc, and I was talking to him about Google+ for meetups.  He asked me if I had Skype and I asked him if he had a Google Email address and whether or not he ever used Google+?  Well here I am a few hours later and I was wondering the following.

How many of you have Google Email addresses with the domain @gmail.com?  If you do not have one now, you can always sign up for FREE.

There is a technology in the Google Email service called Google+ that allows people to meet, 1 on 1, or 1 to 100 using audio and video cams...and we can communicate globally with each other!  The system requirements are a video camera and headset / microphone and Internet connection.  Some like myself might have issues with bandwidth but we will never know unless we try it.

Just wondered what everyone thought of meeting up on Google+?  It would be face to face, and everyone could communicate 1 at a time, to discuss FMA.  During some meetings we could have guest speakers and a Q & A session.

If we had a decent number of interested parties then it might be something of interest.  Note to be fair, I did not discuss this with GM Malmo, the proprietor of MyFMA.net because this does not go though his servers, but look at MyFMA.net!  It is on the cutting edge of martial arts and I think he is forward thinking enough to give it his approval.  In fact, I hope that he would join us because I would LOVE to meet GM Malmo and hear him speak about FMA!  (In reality, I'm pretty excited about this...)

It's just an idea, and now I've passed it on.  Let me know what you think.  If we did it once a month that would be great!  We could even have meetings more frequently than that, but lets just test the waters.

The first meeting would not take place immediately so as to let everyone know and obtain a Google email address, and give us a chance to give the Google+ system a shakedown.

If things went well, we could have guest speakers!  This would be a way to meet very high ranking FMA members from around the world!

Sincerely,

Thomas

MyFMA.net Moderator

Views: 354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello All,

Guro Lawrence Motta and I tested the Hangouts on Air(HoA).

I created a HoA, and invited Guro Lawrence Motta in.  Within seconds I was able to see him and we began a broadcast.

I then created a new MyFMA.net Forum post, and using embed code, created a new web page where anyone coming in to MyFMA.net could see the video LIVE!

We did have one issue.  I was unable to get my camera to fire up, so while Guro Lawrence Motta had full audio and video in the meeting, I only had audio.  I will be testing to see what attribute was hung up over the next week, and we will try again.

We had a blast.  I think this is definitely the future of technology, and we can experiment with it to drive communications.

Sincerely,

Thomas

Hello All,

I was using a Mozilla Firefox browser, with the Add-ons of Norton Anti-Virus and NoScript.  Although no errors were seen during use previously, nor any warnings during the taped segment that Guro Motta and I made, I disabled the Add-ons and now the video camera works!

NOTE:  In Mozilla Firefox go to Tools > Add-Ons, and disable any anti-virus applications that you may have installed before joining a broadcast panel where you will be using video and audio.

There was one other error, that being that the video posted to the incorrect account and I am fixing that as we speak.  Next week is looking very good right now.

Sincerely,

Thomas

RSS

© 2019   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service