MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Angel Padu commented on Francis Serrano's video
Friday
Angel Padu joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Friday
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

GARIMOT ARNIS TRAINING GROUP

Filipino Martial Arts group originated from Paete, Laguna (Philippines) founded and head by Gat…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

Filipino Martial Heritage, Atlanta

We are the Atlanta wing of Guro Victor Gendrano Jr.'s Filipino Martial Heritage.  We have been…See More
Apr 1
Aldrin Peter de Vera posted a status
"There is nothing wrong with teaching children Kali. If you can teach a child, you can teach an adult. Keep teaching, keep training."
Mar 27
Aldrin Peter de Vera updated their profile
Mar 27
Maris A updated their profile
Mar 26
Profile IconMaris A, Stella Abu, Maris Ahmed and 11 more joined MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Mar 26
Gerry Reyes posted videos
Mar 26
Aldrin Peter de Vera posted videos
Mar 26
James Windholtz posted a video

MOKOMOKO 2019 KNIFE SPARRING JIMMY AND MICHAEL***

Jimmy and Michael Single knife sparringhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/320413651490604/This is my First Knife Sparring video from MOKOMOKO 2019. Great Venue ...
Mar 26
WHAT IS HARIMAW BUNO?

Answer:
Harimaw a mean King Tiger and Buno means wrestling/grappling. Harimaw Buno is the first style of Filipino Grappling ever documented with indigenous backgrounds. It is originally an art of "Hunting Animal" as main protein source of the "Mangyan Tribes of Mindoro Island and Aetas Tribes of Quezon province. Harimaw Buno today is a Filipino Martial Arts stand on its own category, with written Curriculum guidelines of studies. Which organized and arranged by Gat Puno Abon "Garimot" Baet on 1989 based on what he learned from his father the Buno Master himself Felipe Garimot" Baet.

Harimaw Buno/Garimot Buno curriculum consist of:

Striking ( palm, fist, forearm, elbow, shoulder, head, kick, knee and hip)
Throwing (sweep, pull, push, lift, rolls, twist, pressed, and hit)
Control (standing, sitting, and laying)
Submission Locks (finger, wrist, elbow, shoulder, head, ankle, knee and hip)
7 Animal Ground Position (Buffalo. Crocodile, Scorpion, Frog, Horse, Tiger & Monkey)

Views: 520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like their is some chinese and Indo in this art.
This is Mark Ingemi , & I am very interested in this system to be learning it in the future. I am sure that all the techniques that involved in it , are great. I am just dying to try it out. The FMA as well as the martial arts in general is MY LIFE. Anything that this system offers I would love to train it. Thank you.
Guro/Sifu John,

There is a posibility, yes Borneo is is close to this Island and This island Mindoro is the original place where the Chinese mention it the islan of of Mai (meaning island of Gold) in chinese, and Mindoro is the same meaning in Spanish words. Mina de Oro (Mindoro) for short. Chinese and Silat influences notably on the name of the (Harimaw) is Tiger also in Silat from Indonesia or Borneo, and Mao is Tiger also in Fukien language in Chinese, so it's evidently on the name. So in the Tagalog translation "Hari-means King and Mao is Chinese word for Tiger, put them togetehr Hari-Mao (Harimaw).

Thank you for taking the time your post.
Guru/Sifu John said:
Mark,

I know you have been showing interest of this, you are welcome anytime to Florida. Or Try to see if you can find some interest in your area, even five people to cover the Airline ticket and food, I can fly there for a weekend and train you wherever you are. I love to share the arts to all of the people that show interest, Thank you, Guro Abon

MARK J. INGEMI said:
This is Mark Ingemi , & I am very interested in this system to be learning it in the future. I am sure that all the techniques that involved in it , are great. I am just dying to try it out. The FMA as well as the martial arts in general is MY LIFE. Anything that this system offers I would love to train it. Thank you.
Gat Puno Abon "Garimot" Baet said:
Guro/Sifu John,

There is a posibility, yes Borneo is is close to this Island and This island Mindoro is the original place where the Chinese mention it the islan of of Mai (meaning island of Gold) in chinese, and Mindoro is the same meaning in Spanish words. Mina de Oro (Mindoro) for short. Chinese and Silat influences notably on the name of the (Harimaw) is Tiger also in Silat from Indonesia or Borneo, and Mao is Tiger also in Fukien language in Chinese, so it's evidently on the name. So in the Tagalog translation "Hari-means King and Mao is Chinese word for Tiger, put them togetehr Hari-Mao (Harimaw).

Guru/Sifu John said:

Guro.

I have studied both Indonisain and Chinese arts,even thought your art is philipno i do see alot that has contributed to what you do just with what informantion you have here.most arts have to get their origins form somewhere.

Guru/Sifu John.
Dragon Flower Boxing.
Guro/Sifu John,

Thank you for the input, I have heard a lot similar word from a friends. I am platter, that the similarity and the chance of my art is adapted by he native from the Chinese or Indonesian. Because the Mangyan is one of the oldest Native of the Philippines and they are peace loving tribes. Thank you,

Guro Abon

Guru/Sifu John said:
Gat Puno Abon "Garimot" Baet said:
Guro/Sifu John,

Guru/Sifu John said:

Guro.

I have studied both Indonisain and Chinese arts,even thought your art is philipno i do see alot that has contributed to what you do just with what informantion you have here.most arts have to get their origins form somewhere.

Guru/Sifu John.
Dragon Flower Boxing.

RSS

© 2021   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service