- Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts. features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Lesley Parker is now a member of - Filipino Martial Arts Network
terry joven posted a photo
Raul Marquez posted a video

Mastering the Flow of the Sword | Sola Blanca | Kalis Ilustrisimo Eskrima

Kalis Ilustrisimo Eskrima Rizal Park Manila PHL 2011 August
Mario A. Lorenzana posted a status
"everybody comes to this world to learn something new everyday..."
Mar 13
Profile IconMario A. Lorenzana and David Scott Young joined - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Mar 9
Guro Lawrence Motta posted a blog post

On Follow ups

In a martial arts system that is primarily based on the block and counter theory, understanding and…See More
Mar 9
Sam We updated their profile
Mar 2
Robert O. Hickey is now a member of - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Mar 1
Damien Crompton is now a member of - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Feb 27
Guro Lawrence Motta posted a blog post

On Abaniko

Abaniko is a great style to learn for scenarios where your back is against an obstruction or…See More
Feb 27
Claus Overgaard is now a member of - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Feb 26
Aliana Eunice Mariano Cotejo is now a member of - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Feb 12

After many years of contemplation, the dekiti tirsia knife I kept saying I was going to design has been born. I just received the prototype about a week ago and been working with it.. It is a bowie design with one difference, the knife can be taken apart and the cutting edge can be placed in the reverse for upward slashing actions. The spine can be used for blocking while in this configuration and can be used in the conventional manner also.. The knife is made out of S35VN steel and has a blade of 7.25 inches in length with an over all length of 12.25 inches. My blade smith stateside said he did a functional test on it before it was sharpened and while used in cutting a 2x4 and other pieces of wood, he said the blade handled well and is light in the hand.. I can tell you that as much experience I have with the blade, this is by far one of the best designs that came from my corrupted mind.. The handle is black G10 with the guard and end cap being made out of nickle steel  .. It is under test mode right now and within the next month or so, I will be posting a total test on how it works with comparison to some of my other custom bowies made by the same blade smith.. Stand by for updates.

Views: 367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice knife!

Obviously a high quality effort.  Good luck on the final product.

The concept of this knife has been lingering in my brain for close to 10 yrs.. I kept going over the design on paper, but it just wouldn't click.. So I took some of the ideas from my other custom bowies and put them all on this one.. It is a great knife so far and is light in the hand and fast in the cutting actions.. Thanks for the input and will finish the testing period soon.

I like it. I would love to feel it. The handle looks smooth. It may need grips to hold it better. I would have to feel it before I judge though. 

When G10 is first used as a knife handle, it is a little smooth, but as time goes on, the G10 gets grippy and develops a sand paper texture.. This isn't the first knife Ive designed that has used G10, a couple of my other designs use both Linen Micarta and G10.. So far after 8 yrs, I haven't lost one in training or use as of yet..

Nice blade...

© 2018   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service