MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network is the premier social network for everyone interested or involved with the Filipino Martial Arts.

MyFMA.net features include photos, videos, events, forums, blogs, chat, and more.

News Feed

Angel Padu commented on Francis Serrano's video
Friday
Angel Padu joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Friday
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

GARIMOT ARNIS TRAINING GROUP

Filipino Martial Arts group originated from Paete, Laguna (Philippines) founded and head by Gat…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

HILOT GARIMOT {Filipino Healing Arts}

This page for the group of Hilot Garimot (Therapeutic Healing Arts of the Philippines)Disccussion…See More
Apr 1
Niwlrae X joined a group
Thumbnail

Filipino Martial Heritage, Atlanta

We are the Atlanta wing of Guro Victor Gendrano Jr.'s Filipino Martial Heritage.  We have been…See More
Apr 1
Aldrin Peter de Vera posted a status
"There is nothing wrong with teaching children Kali. If you can teach a child, you can teach an adult. Keep teaching, keep training."
Mar 27
Aldrin Peter de Vera updated their profile
Mar 27
Maris A updated their profile
Mar 26
Profile IconMaris A, Stella Abu, Maris Ahmed and 11 more joined MyFMA.net - Filipino Martial Arts Network
Mar 26
Gerry Reyes posted videos
Mar 26
Aldrin Peter de Vera posted videos
Mar 26
James Windholtz posted a video

MOKOMOKO 2019 KNIFE SPARRING JIMMY AND MICHAEL***

Jimmy and Michael Single knife sparringhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/320413651490604/This is my First Knife Sparring video from MOKOMOKO 2019. Great Venue ...
Mar 26

My family and I will be moving to Cebu in April 2014 and was wondering what the standard monthly cost of training is down there. Anyone know?

Views: 2941

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a MyFMA.net practitioner in Guam.  His name is Bill.  He has been all over the Philippines and should he see this post, I think he will certainly respond.  I will leave him a note.

According to the MyFMA.net Schools Directory we have the following.  I am not sure where Cebu City is located, but logic would say that it is in Cebu.

Doce Pares Multi-Style
DocePares.Ph
Cebu City 6000, Philippines

Sincerely,

Thomas

The world WEKAF 2012 was held in Cebu City, PI.  I am including a link to the WEKAF international site on Facebook, and you might ask them, what major organizations teach there in Arnis, Escrima, Kali!  Ask them for a list of the top 5 or 10 clubs!  Sounds like fun.

Redirects to Facebook:

http://on.fb.me/16ESryX

Sincerely,

Thomas

Its depends on what group you decide to join since you have a lot of choices> Heyrosa Eskrima, Doce Pares, Combate Eskrima Marange, small and large Balintawak groups, Modern Arnis group with Presas style, Eskrima De Campo. Some charge by how many sessions, monthly, private classes. From 20.00 per hour to 100 four hour sessions.  Please check out the teacher and ask questions since you are at the heart of Filipino Martial Arts. By the way i travel to Cebu every year and train intensively in the Metro Manila.

I'm in regular contact with several instructors in the cebu region.. If you give me an idea of where you are going to be and what particular style or system you are interested in, Ill put the feelers out for ya and contact the guys I know there

Hafa Adai Bill, Heading to Guam in Nov 2013 would like to meetup with you somewhere on the island. Would appreciate sharing your experiences with training methods and we can practice FMA there.

Right now we have about 4 other instructors (myself included) who teach the fma.. I am kinda semi retired due to the work schedule and this usually kills any regular training for the most part.. I will be more than glad to meet up with you and sling some rattan..  Let me know when you are closer to the time to arrival and I can see about getting my work schedule reworked..

RSS

© 2021   Created by John R. Malmo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service